Tuesday, September 28, 2004

My Medal of Honor Adventures

I love video games. I know they are a waste of time and promote the more bass nature of mankind, but nothing beats blasting away enemy combatants point blank with a Panzershrek, or car jacking a cop car in Vice City. (San Andreas is out soon in NA...I have to wait until it comes out on PC or Japanese PS2)

Lately, I have been playing heaps of Medal of Honor in my down(syndrome)time. Of course, my schedule at work has encouraged it too. I also got the stopped the vibrating control pad. Usually, it takes about 5 minutes to whiz through the options on Japanese games, but military games always like to use really complex chinese characters, which in Japan we call "Kanji."

Currently, I am beating the Hun back through the streets of some town in Holland, maybe Arnhem, but I prefer to think of it as battling to the coffee shop. Of course I was going to write that because it is a cliche. Some of the AI is really impressive, even though it is 9 inches up the backdoor on the gayness scale that some guys need 5 bullets from a BAR rifle before they finally die. I also like the translations of what the Germans are saying into Japanese. Apparently, they say "shit" a lot and "asshole". I really like the game. A lot more than the Pacific War one. The Pacific war one was okay, but EVERYTHING was in Japanese, even buddy's briefings. The AI didn't seem too much better.

I'd like to see them improve the interactiveness (is there such a word?) with the environment more along the lines of GTA3. I reckon a World War 2 game with the freedom of movement of the GTA game environment would be a total winner. I imagine that some companies are out there improving our collective means for Wargasm at home.

I haven't checked out Battlefield 1942 yet. I had a copy of it kicking around for the PC, but I think the key code was wrong, or my PC at home wasn't fast enough. Unfortunatley, I don't really know what the cool game is in North America now. Could someone please let me know soon? My family are coming over for a visit, so I can probably get someone to go into Wal-Mart or an Electronics Boutique for me.

Who knows the identity of this man?