Monday, July 19, 2004

I'll have a squid burger, extra corn.

Theme dining back in the Democratic People's Constitutional Monarchy of Canada (DPCMC) is very limited. There are the lame "Cowboy" places, the lame "Irish-Sports-potato-big-screen-TV-Fat-Chicks-call-the-cops-if-you-bust-the-bubble-hockey" places, and the restraunts where average Canadiens can afford to have their wedding reception or 50th wedding anniversary places.  Then, there is also the "Canadien" theme place.

In Nippon, there are restraunts and bars galore. The food is kind of limited to Japanese style, and Japanesified Western Style. It pretty much tastes the same everywhere; good. Just like the Wings at the Cowboy place will taste like the wings at the Irish-sports-slob-grease bar; burning.

About a week ago after work, I decided to go to this theme restraunt.  I have to admit the wait staf were a bit over-the-top. The food was okay, but I broke a glass. Like a lot of Japanese restraunts, this one sold comics and candy at the counter. Seeing as I had had enough bratwurst, corn, mayonaise, tuna and rice for anyone, I passed on the candy and I already had the comic.  

On the way to the train station, being the total alcoholic that I am, I decide to stop in for a beer at a bar my waiter, Adolf Yamamoto, had suggested. I checked it out.  I had my beer, played some video games, checked out the pictures of the regulars on the wall, and scibbled down their website address.
 

And now you you know what the Japanese feel when they see Westerners dressed as Ninjas....or other "martial artists"  (Hey, Arnold. Have you seen Potsie?)

Good Grief.