Monday, September 12, 2005

The Lost Update

It has been a busy couple of weeks over here. Conflicting schedules, personal business bullish, work, shit weather, hampered plans.

Work is okay. The schedule has been rather light and some of the new people are at least not retarded. Having real conversation where you don't have to use the internal butchered English translator. Yes, I have to deal with people to whom the concept of a difference between "a" and "the" is incomprehensible. We've talked about hurricanes, Orwell, the price of beer and hockey, yes even hockey...with a Leafs fan. It's a strange phenomenon to suddenly stop using part of your brain. You feel a weird buzz high immediately afterward and reflect on the conversation in depth. At least I do.

We still have cats, or shit rats. All they do is eat and shit. Can I buy this can of beer to cull some brain cells or do I buy this stinky cat food? But they're a lot of fun to mess with. They fight it out sometimes in killer play fights.

Other than that, it's life at full flanking speed as usual.

For some reason, due to some bullshit contract obligation or something (don't fret, the holidays are unscathed) they wanted to use my likeness in their "promotional goods" they send to Universities and stuff. The pleasures of contract work I suppose. Basically, it was on pamphlets and stuff, but the Japanes love their kitschy pens and knick knacks, and I came up and designed my own collector's figure/playset "Lebowski Sensei" that was dispatched with the calendars, pamphlets and other promotional run-off to potential Institutions. I hope you like it.




















"Who's too cool for school?"