Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Super Channel Sucks and I Hate Crows

This is going to be a short one.

With the temperature seeming to hover in the low 50s ALL THE FUCKING TIME, one's nerves and patience for things can wane. Especially for Crows. Crows suck bigtime cock. The fact that I wake up everyday at 5:30 am because it is so hot and the Sun is lined up with my bedroom like it is the solstice every morning is augmented by the 10,000 or so crows that are within earshot of my house. Their crowing is almost like a broken record that is constantly being played. But it isn't the rodeo song or even an early KISS album it's "khaah, khaah, khaah, khaah". I am planning on buying a BB gun to blast them out of the trees around my place. God gave me dominion over the Earth. It's in the bible near the part where it says "a deal is a deal". Now, my only dilemma is whether I should get the AK-47 or the classic MP-40. One thing is for sure those khaah, khaah, khaah, khaahksuckers days are numbered.

Seeing as I am up everyday with the Sun and 10,000 crows there isn't much to do. Well, except for taking a piss, making coffee and watching TV. I'm up but not exactly awake, if you follow me. Which gets me to Super Channel. Super Channel is one of two English channels I get that don't sensationalise the news. Anyway, either Super Channel is in desperate financial straits or it's programming director is a first class idiot. The shows on Super Channel generally suck (ER, Columbo) but there are the odd good ones (Star Trek, Monk) and 1/2 decent movies (I watched the Princess Bride yesterday). Every morning without fail at 7 am I am subjected to Captain Scarlet. I can handle one episode a week, but everyday!!! Now if you're a fan of the show, remember you probably liked it when you were a kid, and kids are generally stupid. I'm not holding it against you. I used to really dig CHiPs when I was a kid, but it is totally unwatchable now. (No wonder my Dad always had Rye and water when we watched TV together when I was a kid all the shows I loved were totally lame) Captain Scarlet is unwatchable, especially everyday. Then after Captain Scarlet there is the mandatory 17 hours of ER. If I paid for Super Channel, I'd be really pissed off.