Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Work is going very well

I've just been self-supervising myself here over the past week or so. I'm doing very well at this career of "inbetween-jobs". In fact, it is the career that I always seem to turn back to. Even though I did get promoted this time around, it is a bit of an uncertain industry.

I rented the BBC 2's The Office on DVD. I laughed so hard sometimes I almost cried. I know it is cliche and all but, the boss on that show must be based on a past boss of mine, a co worker to others on that project. The hair, the constant tie fiddling, the drinking, the jokes. Seriously, if he lost the beard and a few pounds, deadringer. Although, we didn't cal him "Mr.Toad" We called him "Slippery".

The jobs are plentiful and the roads made of gold in Alberta at the moment. I've been getting a couple of postings per day from the internet. I'll be on another path in a month or so. Change is as good as a rest and all that.

As for hockey, the Leafs might just fart their way into the playoffs this year. I would rather they didn't make the playoffs than get in and then knocked out in the first round by Ottawa, the other team I love to hate. Maybe the Leafs coach there should use a better psychological ploy than tough-love on his players. How about tough-hate? I.E. Go earn your $4 Million or I'll chop your balls off.

Soon it will be Cherry Blossom time again. It is the best 3 or 4 days in Japan a year and its very surreal. You get to go outside where everything has become pink and drink beers under a dome of flowers. It's like an unofficial Christmas of sorts. Great stuff. I'll take some photos when it all happens.

Word to the wise: Women get turned on, not by what they see, but by what they hear.